Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs



I get seriously invested in the characters in the series I read. When traumatic things happen to them, I feel it in my stomach and I sometimes hate the author, sometimes I still love the author and the series but I can't revisit that book again for a long time. (namely Breath of Snow and Ashes, the memory of it's events still kill me)

This was not either or those. Patricia was able to break my heart and put it back together again. She didn't rush the end, or miraculously make everything okay, but she moved the character along and took the others farther along as well. I cannot express how much I treasure this book and how it has truly surpassed all other new series for me. Briggs has impressed me beyond all measure. Thank you for letting a strong woman be vulnerable without being weak, and for letting her make choices instead of stringing us along without end.

Mercy is a character with honor, heart, and true courage. I am and will always be, a fan for life.

No comments: